Thursday, March 3, 2011

CoverGirl....It's Easy, Breezy, Beautiful!

Hi all!

New BzzCampaign launched and this time, it's CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipcolor!

Now read this introduction and follow for my review:

Now get your red carpet-worthy look for your luxurious lips. Meet COVERGIRL Lip Perfection™ Lipcolor, a collision of color and moisture formulated to deliver perfection for your lips.

In a single stroke, COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Lipcolor enhances your lips with rich, rewarding color and, in just 7 days, it transforms your lips to be incredibly smooth and luscious. In other words, beautiful color now, more beautiful lips in 7 days*. How perfect!

But don't just take our word for it. With a unique blend of silk therapy moisturizers, COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Lipcolor is preferred 2-1 vs. the leading prestige lipstick** for overall experience, smoothness and silkiness, and provides as much rich and true color, too.

What else would you expect from COVERGIRL? In 2011, this iconic beauty brand is celebrating an incredible 50 years of helping women "Rock their COVERGIRL".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
How does it sound?? Exciting right???

Now I was able to sample 2 colors in Hypnotic and Rich; I love the lipstick. To be honest with you, I am not a fan of Covergirl and I don't wear lipstick much (I'm a college student, what do you expect? Put on ruby red lips to class? .....uh no.) but after trying out these two colors, I think I'm starting to convert (OH NO!!! Not from my beloved Maybelline!).

Why?

It claims that with 7 days of use, your lips will have a softer, silker feel. I do feel that. However, I think the lipstick is a little dry- I always put a little primer on first, a Swedish chapstick (if you ever go to Sweden, their chapstick is to die for. It's white and lasts forever.) Then I apply the lipstick, just enough to give me color, and then a final layer of C.O. Bigelow's lipgloss to smooth it over with a shine.

Covergirl has a few color themes from this line: Browns, Lilacs/Mauves/Burgundies, Nudes/Corals/Reds, and Pinks/Roses, with the latter being the most extreme and risky, in my opinion. I'm pretty low key and avoid all bright colors except for that beautiful, brick red. Maybe I'll nab one in that color?

I had some coupons too, and I've given them all out except for one, and I think I'm going to go back to buy myself another one of these lipsticks, but in "Temptation" or one of those categorized as Browns, or maybe that fire engine red. I do like to party afterall ;)

The average retail price is $6.50, which isn't bad...my personal policy is that you really should throw out your lipstick once in a while because you're smearing your lips all over it and leaving the bacteria to grow in the dark....mm, yummy! The price allows you to do that, which I really appreciate. Being a poor college girl, yeah, I REALLY do appreciate it.

Another thing is, I love Neutrogena because it's always tested and hypoallergenic and great for sensitive skin, which lets me know that it's gentle enough for everyday use. However, CoverGirl Lip Perfect also exhibits those traits, but at a much lower price.

NICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment